We are The Getaway Lounge (TGL) Limited and we are dedicated in protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement intends to explain and outline what personal information we collect from you and why, how we handle and protect your personal information, and how to act on your rights.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data collected from you. Please read the following document to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it and the cookies that we use.
• We are committed to protecting your personal information. You have a right to control how your personal information is obtained and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust that we take seriously.
• We refer to your ‘personal information’, which means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Your full name and email address contact details are examples of information which be classed as personal information. Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
Your Right of Access
2. If unlawful to do so, we may determine that it is not required to allow access to personal information.
3. Where you are seeking information held on electronic file, or where you are seeking hard copies of personal information, we reserve the right to charge reasonable handling/ postage fees as appropriate.
Changing and deleting any information we hold about you
2. A request may be made to delete your personal information, and all reasonable steps to do so will be made, except where it is required to be held for legal reasons.
Information we collect from you
• Information you provide us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in the sign-up forms or through other means such as social media. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site and subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site.
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
Information third parties collect from you
-Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
-Users may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you provide us with. We will use this information:
• to provide you with the services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information: • to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner. • as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we share your information
When you give us your consent we share your personal information with:
• Analytics such as Google and other search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of operations on our site We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we sell or buy any business or assets we may have to disclose such information to those parties involved.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store and protect your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We have strict procedures in order to prevent any issues on this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us. If you follow a link provided by The Getaway Lounge to any other website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are navigating around the website efficiently.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, for example your region.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
How to opt-out of Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.